Well, I have received some very useful information from the Doctor. He has given me some great insight into some really useful databases I had not been exposed to and a reminder of what my thesis advisor has been telling me all along. As we were discussing this EARLY this morning, I discovered or should I say re-discovered what sythesis means. In our searching I had found it easy to just type in a few words and become satisfied with the results, when if I had only just taken the time to synthesize my results from each level I would have discovered a way to maximize my time and have a better quality search.
After our disussion I began using the descriptive terms and comparing the search results from those. It seems I was so caught up in my own way of thinking, simply by changing one of my terms from nontraditional to Adult Students, and Online Learning to Higher Education with the use of "and" between the two, it gave me a wonderful batch of about 36 articles and some were so unique to what I had been looking at it has gone a long way to providing me with a plethora of excellent articles.
I will be using the other db's next week so I will let you know how it turns out. Firstsearch is one of those mentioned, and your ecom username and password should work for off campus use. So until later next week or if all goes well with my weekend academy course this weekend I may be back sooner than you know. Good tidings to everyone on this wonderful weekend. Enjoy the turkey, beer, and football!
Peace!
Larry
Friday, November 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I know what you mean about changing a word making a difference. I've been trying to get more creative in how and what I'm looking for to get back to my question. Also, the databases are definitely viewable from off campus (I do all my school work from home). You can use either your ecom password or your unique 9 digit student id.
Post a Comment