Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Sincere Appreciation and Gratitude

Good Morning to one and all:

I have finally reached the end of my coursework in my quest for my Master's Degree. Hooyah! (A new term I have learned from my son-in-law now serving in the military). It is the perfect phrase that sums up exactly how I feel. I cannot even begin to express in any other terms the relief I now feel that this goal is almost to the stage of being considered accomplishment. Before I end I did want to express my thanks to my peers in this course.

I took each and every one of the individuals in this course and the many others I had very seriously, and I cannot imagine the additional knowledge I may have missed out on had I not been able to co-exist in a platform such as this while engaged in a learner-centered environment. Learning about new tools and expanding my knowledge of others has been exhilerating in my learning process and done a great deal toward confirming my love of research in the field of online learning. The whole process of communication through a means other than face to face is something we need to respect and work hard to promote through responsible research and continuous improvement.

Hopefully our paths will cross in the not to distant future (either virtually or face to face), and I truly appreciate all the insight each one of you have made to my learning. I only hope I have reciprocated in some way to improve your station in life with a small part of myself. Life is too short to not make note of the value we hold for one another, and one never knows when our paths may cross again. The true purpose of education is to find new ways to facilitate learning in a method which removes the barriers to further knowledge for the individual who otherwise would not have access to this learning.

In the most sincere regards,

Larry
Peace!

3 comments:

Jim West said...

Congratulations Larry!

Sue McDaniel said...

Congratulations! Getting to the end of your coursework is quite an accomplishment. (I'm just ending my first semester, so the light at the end of my tunnel is very dim right now!)

Good luck with wherever your degree takes you!

Unknown said...

Nicely stated, Larry.

Congrats on your progression onward and upward! Since I've just begun this Masters journey and found it exhilirating, invigorating, stimulating, and challenging, I hope it continues as I progress through the program.

It does seem like a Brave New World out there with this digital domain. There's certainly a lot to explore with much new coming and lot of responsibility involved in it all. No doubt!

Best,
Joe